Astra theme now has “white label” feature. This allows you to change Astra theme and Astra Pro plugin to any name of your choice. This feature is very useful for agency people making client websites. They can just rename word “Astra” to their agency name like “BasicWP” for custom branding on every client website.
Using White Label feature in Astra
1. In WordPress dashboard go to Appearance > Astra and then click on “White Label” tab.
2. Under the “Theme Branding” section, enter custom information for the theme name, description, author name, author URL, and screenshot.
3. Once you save changes, go to Appearance > Themes section. Now your Astra theme will have a new custom name and screenshot image.
4. To change “Astra Pro” plugin in the listing on plugins page, go to “White Label” option as explained in step 1 above. Then type custom name and description for the plugin.
5. Once you save changes, go to Plugins. Now, you should see new custom name for the Astra Pro plugin.
How deep is White Label feature integration
This feature only changes names of the Astra Theme and Astra Pro Plugin the WordPress dashboard. Under the hood, code and code variables remain the same. So, if you use a tool like WP Theme Detector – it will still show the original Astra Theme and Astra Pro plugin names.
Video: Using White Label feature in Astra
For sure, this feature is very useful for agency folks building lots of websites and wanting a custom branding within WordPress dashboard of all clients.