Future of WordPress Themes, noreferrer link SEO implications, LMS feature in WordPress, Design Inspiration for Developers, Google Draw for artists, Prototyping tool for Sketch users.
WordPress Weekly – Journey Begins!
Inspired from my weekly round-up of all things Beaver Builder in the form of ProBeaver Weekly, WordPress Weekly aims to bring ” a useful slice” of best reads from and for amazing WordPress folks.
WordPress Themes future?
Is WordPress Themes ecosystem crumbling under the new found popularity of page builders? Besides the new generation page builders like Beaver Builder, Elementor – there is an onslaught from hosted website building services like Squarespace, Wix.
Even WordPress folks are building a new content layout creator aka Gutenberg. Check this report elaborating on both short term and long term changes in the WordPress themes ecosystem.
Buzzing WordPress Reads
1. New Link format… in WordPress automatically adds rel=”noopener noreferrer” to links. Does this affect SEO? Short answer is “no” and here is the long answer to satisfy your profound SEO worries.
2. LMS ecosystem… is getting a big bump from WordPress changes. Now there are much improved LMS plugins like LearnDash, LiferLMS to cater ever growing demand of ecourse creation on WordPress platform. Here is a geeky look at WordPress role in $325 Billion elearning industry (by 2025).
3. Design inspiration… for developers? Well, majority of developers are just ok at designing. So, here are few cool places to get design inspiration for your next website development project. Quick and easy!
Tools for WordPress Creatives
1. For WordPress Creatives… Google’s Auto Draw is an amazing online tool. Just draw anything and it will help you pair it with creations of popular artists. Further refining and making something unique.
2. Want to use Sketch for… prototyping? Well, now it is possible with launch of Craft Prototype for Sketch users.
Like what you just read? Have your say in the comments box below. Till the next time… future is unknown, lets live in the present!